Sammy Sosa was one of the most prolific baseball players of his generation. Born in the Dominican Republic, his legendary career spanned two decades. And he was a star player of some prestigious teams.
During Sammy Sosa’s career he amassed some impressive statistics. With an enviable batting average, he has hit a total of 609 home runs. In June of 1998 Sosa became the only player in MLB baseball history to hit 20 home runs in a month
Sosa was also a fan favorite, thanks to his outgoing personality and his trademark home run celebrations. He was one of the most popular players in baseball during his prime, and his fans still love collecting his baseball cards.
Unfortunately he has still not made it into the National Baseball Hall of Fame.
Sammy Sosa teams
His teams include the Texas Rangers, Chicago White Sox, Chicago Cubs and the Baltimore Orioles.
If you’re a fan of Sammy Sosa, then you know that his baseball cards are some of the most collected in the hobby. Whether you’re looking for his rookie card or one from his days with the Cubs, there are plenty of cards to choose from.
Sammy Sosa Rookie Cards value
Sammy Sosa’s Topps Major League Debut #120 rookie card is a very good starter card in the hobby. It was released in 1989, and it features him as a member of the Texas Rangers.
This Sammy Sosa rc is very easy to source for collectors. It will usually fetch $70 dollars or less for a graded card in 9-10 condition. An ungraded card can be picked up for some of the lowest prices out there at just a few cents.
Sammy Sosa Minor League Rookie Card
Another interesting one, this time from his amateur days. This is the 1989 Baseball American Minor League Rookie Card from his time on the Tulsa Drillers.
These are getting more rare now but can still be picked up for $4.99 for an ungraded card in reasonable condition and anywhere up to $50 for one of the high grades 9-10.
Sammy Sosa Topps Tiffany #692 value
The Sammy Sosa Topps baseball cards ar always popular. This Tiffany card #692 is one of the most sought after cards from this set. Expect to pay $100 upwards for a PSA grade 9-10 (Professional Sports Authenticators) Topps card.
Topps Tiffany cards were printed with a glossy coating and, depending on the year, would often have a white rather than grey background on the rear.
With a print run of only 15000 it makes these slightly more rare cards. Many of these will have been lost or damaged over the years. High quality examples of this card are only likely to go up in value due to the diminished numbers. (that’s my opinion of course: do your own research..).
The card features a young Sammy Sosa in his Chicago White Sox uniform. The Topps Tiffany set is one of the most popular sets among collectors and the Sammy Sosa card is one of the most valuable cards from the 1990 set.
If you’re a baseball card collector, then you know that the Topps Tiffany set is one of the most desirable sets out there. And if you’re one of the diehard Sammy Sosa baseball fans, then the Topps Tiffany card featuring the young slugger should perhaps be near the top of your want list.
Where to purchase Sammy Sosa Baseball cards
If you’re looking to add Sammy Sosa baseball cards to your collection, there are a few different places you can check out. First, take a look at online auction and marketplace sites like eBay and Etsy. You can also check out hobby stores or sports card shop in your area.
If you’re willing to pay a little bit more, there are also companies that specialize in selling sports cards. These companies usually have a wide selection of cards available, so you’re sure to find what you’re looking for. The market place on Beckett is a good call too. Whichever option you choose, it is unlikely to break the bank.
How Much Is A Valuable Sammy Sosa Card?
If you do come across an expensive baseball card with Sosa’s name on it then be sure to compare it with other sellers to ensure that you aren’t paying over the odds.
The highest price card that we could find at the time of writing is a 1990 Bowman Sammy Sosa #312 BAS Certified BGS Encased Auto Rookie RC that is on sale for $165.
Are Sammy Sosa Cards Popular?
No matter where you decide to buy, be sure to do your research before making a purchase. And don’t always accept the first price. If you are looking a long term hold then a graded card is a good option.
Alternatively, the real way to add value is to find an ungraded card that is in mint condition and then pay to get it professionally graded.
He may not be a hall of famer or carry the value of Mike Trout. But Sosa cards are still popular amongst collectors.
Interested in other colourful characters from baseball history card history.
Have a look at Rollie Fingers or David Wells for some unusual and fun facts.
Sammy Sosa Baseball Cards Checklist
- 1989 Minor League Rookie Card
- 1989 Topps Rookie Card Major League Debut #120
- 1990 Classic #140
- 1990 Upper Deck cards #17
- 1990 Bowman Sammy Sosa Rookie Card #312
- 1990 Bowman rc Tiffany #312
- 1990 Donruss #489
- 1990 Fleer #548
- 1990 Fleer “Printed in Canada” #548
- 1990 Score #558
- 1990 Star Minor League Baseball #61
- 1990 O-Pee-Chee #692 (Rookie Card)
- 1990 Topps Tiffany #692 (Rookie Card)
- 1990 Topps #692 (Rookie Card)
- 1991 Score #256
- 1991 Upper Deck Sammy Sosa #265
- 1991 Bowman #350
- 1991 Studio #38
- 1991 Topps #414
- 1991 Classic Collector’s Edition #60
- 1991 Ultra #82
- 1992 Panini Stickers #129
- 1992 Studio #20
- 1992 Upper Deck #438
- 1992 Topps Stadium Club #628
- 1992 Upper Deck #723
- 1993 Triple Play #151
- 1993 Flair #22
- 1993 Bowman #636
- 1993 Topps Finest #79
- 1993 Topps Finest #79
- 1993 Topps Finest Refractors #79
- 1993 Flair Promos
- 1994 Topps Finest #236
- 1995 Topps #11
- 1995 Topps Finest #197
- 1995 Fleer #424
- 1995 Topps CyberStats #9
- 1995 Zenith #98
- 1996 Zenith #100
- 1996 Zenith #148 (Honor Roll)
- 1996 Topps #252
- 1997 Zenith #16
- 1997 Premier Concepts Motion Card
- 1998 Pacific Aurora #116
- 1998 Zenith #4
- 1999 Bowman #245
- 1999 Pacific Aurora Kings of the Major Leagues #3
- 1999 Pacific Aurora #36
- 1999 Pacific Aurora (Red Parallel Set) #36
- 1999 Pacific Aurora (Opening Day Parallel Set) #36
- 1999 Pacific Aurora On Deck Laser-Cuts #4
- 1999 Pacific Aurora Pennant Fever #5
- 1999 Pacific Aurora Pennant Fever (Silver) #5
- 1999 Pacific Aurora Pennant Fever (Platinum Blue) #5
- 1999 Pacific Aurora Pennant Fever (Copper) #5
- 1999 Pacific Aurora Styrotechs #5
- 2000 Pacific Vanguard High Voltage #10
- 2000 Pacific Aurora #27
- 2000 Pacific Aurora (Premiere Date Parallel Set) #27
- 2000 Pacific Aurora Pinstripes #27
- 2000 Pacific Aurora Pinstripes (Premiere Date Parallel Set) #27
- 2000 Pacific Aurora Styrotechs #4
- 2000 Pacific Aurora Star Factor #4
- 2000 Pacific Vanguard Cosmic Force #4
- 2000 Topps #477 (Magic Moments)
- 2000 Topps Chrome #477 (Magic Moments)
- 2000 Topps Chrome Refractors #477 (Magic Moments)
- 2000 Pacific Aurora Dugout View Net Fusions #5
- 2000 Pacific Vanguard Diamond Architects #5
- 2000 Topps #50
- 2000 Topps Chrome #50
- 2000 Topps Chrome Refractors #50
- 2000 Pacific Vanguard (Green) #58
- 2000 Pacific Vanguard (Gold) #58
- 2000 Pacific Vanguard (Purple) #58
- 2000 Pacific Vanguard #58
- 2000 Pacific Aurora Pennant Fever #7
- 2000 Pacific Aurora Pennant Fever (Copper) #7
- 2000 Pacific Aurora Pennant Fever (Silver) #7
- 2000 Pacific Aurora Pennant Fever (Platinum Blue) #7
- 2000 Pacific Aurora Scouting Report #7
- 2000 Pacific Vanguard N.L. Edition Press #N3
- 2001 Absolute Memorabilia #23
- 2001 Absolute Memorabilia Spectrum Parallel #23
- 2002 Topps Total #10
- 2002 Nestle #5
- 2002 Post Cereal #7
- 2002 Topps Total Award Winners #AW21
- 2002 Topps Total Total Production #TP9
- 2002 Topps Total Total Topps #TT43
- 2002 Topps Total Team Checklists #TTC6
- 2003 Topps Total #500
- 2003 Topps Total Silver Parallel Set #500
- 2003 Post Cereal #6
- 2003 Topps Total Award Winners #AW5
- 2003 Topps Total Total Topps #TT27
- 2004 Leaf Clean Up Crew #1
- 2004 Donruss Longball Leaders #10
- 2004 Leaf Limited Preview #11
- 2004 Donruss Craftsman #11
- 2004 Leaf cards #119
- 2004 Donruss Power Alley Red #13
- 2004 Leaf Picture Perfect #14
- 2004 Donruss Diamond Kings #144
- 2004 Bowman #145
- 2004 Bowman Gold #145
- 2004 Bowman Uncirculated Silver #145
- 2004 Bowman The Pit Uncirculated Gold Parallel #145
- 2004 Donruss Mound Marvels #15
- 2004 Upper Deck Factory Set #167
- 2004 Leaf MVP Winners #17 (1998 N.L. Most Valuable Player)
- 2004 Topps Bazooka Stand-Up #17
- 2004 Donruss Timber & Threads #18
- 2004 Donruss Jersey Kings #2
- 2004 Leaf Home #2
- 2004 Leaf Away #2
- 2004 Leaf Gamers #20
- 2004 Topps Bazooka 4-on-1 Stickers #22
- 2004 Topps Bazooka #230
- 2004 Donruss #244
- 2004 Donruss Black Press Proofs #244
- 2004 Donruss Career Stat Line #244
- 2004 Donruss Season Stat Line #244
- 2004 Leaf #256
- 2004 Topps Heritage #28
- 2004 Leaf #288
- 2004 Topps Series 1 #332
- 2004 Donruss Diamond Kings Diamond Cut Bat #36
- 2004 Topps Chrome #368
- 2004 Topps Series 2 #368
- 2004 Topps Black Bordered Series 2 #368
- 2004 Topps Gold Bordered Series 2 #368
- 2004 Donruss Timber & Threads #38
- 2004 Donruss #387 (Team Checklist)
- 2004 Donruss Black Press Proofs #387 (Team Checklist)
- 2004 Donruss Career Stat Line #387 (Team Checklist)
- 2004 Donruss Season Stat Line #387 (Team Checklist)
- 2004 Leaf Exhibits #44
- 2004 Donruss Production Line Slugging #5
- 2004 Topps Heritage Doubleheader #5
- 2004 Donruss Diamond Kings Team Timeline #6
- 2004 Topps Bazooka Comics #BC20
- 2004 Topps Hobby Masters #HM6
- 2004 Topps Heritage New Age Performers #NAP9
- 2004 Topps Chrome Fashionably Great #SS
- 2004 Topps Heritage Clubhouse Collection #SS
- 2005 Skybox Premium Basic #55
- 2005 Skybox Parallels #55
- 2007 Topps Updates & Highlights First Edition Parallels #UH205
- 2007 Topps Updates & Highlights Gold Parallels #UH205
- 2007 Topps Updates & Highlights Copper Parallels #UH205
- 2007 Topps Updates & Highlights Printing Plate Parallels #UH205
- 2007 Topps Updates & Highlights Platinum Parallels #UH205
- 2007 Topps Updates & Highlights #UH205
- 2007 Topps Updates & Highlights Red Back Parallels #UH205
- 2007 Topps Updates & Highlights First Edition Parallels #UH49
- 2007 Topps Updates & Highlights Gold Parallels #UH49
- 2007 Topps Updates & Highlights Copper Parallels #UH49
- 2007 Topps Updates & Highlights Printing Plate Parallels #UH49
- 2007 Topps Updates & Highlights Platinum Parallels #UH49
- 2007 Topps Updates & Highlights #UH49
- 2007 Topps Updates & Highlights Red Back Parallels #UH49
- 7 Classic John Smoltz Rookie Baseball Cards - October 17, 2022
- Best Josh Allen Rookie Cards - October 12, 2022
- Charles Barkley Cards – Top Picks - August 29, 2022